Monday, August 23, 2010

Who Am I?

My name is Julia, and I am 17. I've lived in Buffalo Grove all of my life, and I guess it's an okay place. I'm Japanese-American, but sadly, I don't speak Japanese. My dad was born in Japan, but he moved here when he was four, so he doesn't remember much of the language. I have three brothers, two older and one younger. Their names are Kevin, Michael and Eric. Kevin just graduated from DePaul and Michael is going to be a sophomore at University of Maryland. My younger brother Eric is in 8th grade. I have a dog named Cocoa and she's pretty awesome. My family and friends are the biggest influences in my life, I always look to them for advice and support. It's important to me to have a good relationship with my family, especially because I'm going to college next year so I won't see them as much. The colleges I've been looking at are very small, around 1500 people. A lot of people think I'm crazy for wanting to go to such a small school but I think it'll be the right decision for me. It's important to me to be able to relate well with my teachers, because I think that I learn better that way. So far my first choice for college is College of Wooster in Ohio, and I also liked Coe College in Iowa. I'm not sure what I want to study yet, but I know I want to be able to help people. I'm excited for this year because I'm taking AP Psychology and Sociology, and those are two subjects that I hope interest me. Well, that's pretty much me!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! First physics, now sociology!? YAY! I'm so excited to have more classes with you!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really close with my family too! And I totally get that you want to go to such a small college because you probably will learn better and you probably hate the size of our high school as much as I do haha. Good luck helpin people:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So have you ever visited any family in Japan? Do you know where your dad was from there? I think sociology and AP Psych will be good classes for you. They are right up your alley with their focus on people.

    ReplyDelete